NOTIFICATION AND INVITATION TO PUBLISH IN INNOVATION AND ENTERPRISE (A JOURNAL OF THE UNIVERSITY OF IBADAN CENTRE FOR ENTREPRENEURSHIP AND INNOVATION)
We hereby notify and invite you to publish in Innovation and Enterprise Vol.1 No. 1, a Journal of Centre for Entrepreneurship and Innovation (CEI), University of Ibadan, Nigeria, which is published biannually. The journal is designed to meet the continuing educational needs of Entrepreneurs, Enterprise Educators as well as stimulate research in Entrepreneurship and Innovation.
Please find below Instructions to Authors for the scope of the journal and other relevant information.
The journal accepts the following types of original articles (not previously published or currently under consideration for publication in another journal) viz review and annotations, commentaries, research articles, books review, meeting reports, addresses and speeches and correspondences. All manuscripts are subjected to peer review process. Those adjudged suitable are then accepted for publication.
Furthermore, we are pleased to inform you that this maiden edition of Innovation and Enterprise will be sponsored by the University of Ibadan, Ibadan.
The deadline for submission of articles is 3rd April 2017.
INSTRUCTION TO AUTHORS
Innovation and Enterprise (Journal of Centre for Entrepreneurship and Innovation, University of Ibadan, Nigeria) is a journal to be published at least biannually.
It is to meet the continuing educational needs of Entrepreneurs, Enterprise Educators as well as stimulate business growth, research and innovation.
The Editorial Board welcomes contributions in subject areas covering:
1. Entrepreneurship in Africa and cultural influences
2. Social entrepreneurship
3. Financing and entrepreneurship
4. International aspects of entrepreneurship and how it may help the economy in developed and developing countries
5. Corporate innovation restructuring
6. Managing and leading fast-paced technology start-ups
8. New business incubators and networks, technology parks, enterprise support systems, etc
9. Impact of interventions on business set-ups
10. Government policies towards entrepreneurship, in developed and developing countries, economic policies, education and training, etc
11. Strategic cooperation among SMEs
12. Technology entrepreneurship
13. Entrepreneurship education and research
14. Energy entrepreneurship
TYPES OF ARTICLES
Reviews and Annotations: These are normally invited contributions. They are expected to be concise and exhaustive. Must not exceed twenty typed and double-spaced pages. References should not exceed 100.
Commentaries: They are invited editorial on any subject suggested by the Editor-in-Chief which should not be more than 1,500 words and not more than 10 references.
Original Research Articles: This can be accepted as a main article or a short communication. A main article should contain 2,000 to 3,000 words. It usually represents the results of a large study (prospective or retrospective). It must contain an abstract of not more than 250 words. Short communications are reports of smaller studies. Should have not more than 6 references, one illustration and one table.
Book Review: The book must be Topical and of intellectual, innovation, professional, research or recreational benefit.
Meeting Reports: Articles to be submitted are expected to be of benefit to the entrepreneurs. It is expected to be the summary of proceedings of entrepreneurship and innovation societies.
Addresses and Speeches: Great speeches, addresses and orations by entrepreneurial personnel will be welcome.
Correspondence: (Letter to the editor and short notes). This should contain no more than 500 words and at most two figures and 10 references. It should be accompanied by a covering letter stating clearly whether the communication is for publication.
Preparation of Manuscripts
· Manuscripts will be considered for publication on the understanding that is has been submitted exclusively to the journal except for addresses and speeches.
· That it is not being considered for publication elsewhere at the time of submission.
· That the data submitted has not been published elsewhere. A cover letter in respect of this should be submitted along with the manuscripts
· However, a paper presented at a scientific meeting or conference will be considered if it has not been published in full in a proceeding or similar publication.
· Authors are free to submit manuscripts rejected by other journals. In a similar way, they are free to submit articles rejected by this journal elsewhere.
· The editors would wish to be informed about any conflicts of interest in the submitted manuscripts and any previous reports that might be regarded as a duplication of some data.
· The editors also reserve the right to destroy rejected articles as well as correspondence relating to them.
· All submitted papers will undergo peer review process (see further details below).
· All submitted original articles must be accompanied by a covering letter, signed by all co-authors.
· Three copies of the manuscripts and a copy electronically prepared should be submitted to:
Centre for Entrepreneurship and Innovation,
15, Awolowo Avenue, Old Bodija, Ibadan,
Oyo State, Nigeria.
Order of Arrangement
· Arrange the article in this order: (1) Title Page (2) Abstract (3) Text (4) References (5) Tables and (6) Figures and Legends.
· Pages should be numbered in sequence beginning with the Title Page as 1, Abstract as 2 etc.
· Each section of the manuscript must start on a new page.
· All manuscripts should be typed double-spaced on a plain white A4 (8” x 11”) paper with a 25mm margin at the top, bottom and sides.
1. Title Page: This should contain
· Full title of the paper
· The name of each author, their highest academic qualification
· The name of the institution(s) and / or business addresses should be included.
· The name, address, e-mail address, telephone number and fax number of the corresponding author
· Three to six keywords
Should not be more than 250 words. It should contain the background, objective, method, results and conclusions of the study.
3. Main Body of the Text
This should be divided into:
ii. Materials and Method
iv. Discussion and
v. Conclusion for original articles
Case studies should have:(i) Introduction (ii) Case Profile (iii) Discussion.
For review articles, annotations and commentaries, there should be headings appropriate to the article.
· Use of acronyms or abbreviations should be limited to units of measurement.
· Alternatively SI units may be used.
· Authors are advised to use the appropriate names unless where the Trade name is important to the article. Trade names should be designated by use of the sympol.
The journal follows the conventions of the Vancouver reference list system.
· All authors should be listed when four or less. List only the first six and add et al when more than six (i.e. after the sixth has been listed)
· References must be identified as superscripts to distinguish them from numerical data
· Each table should be at the top of a new page and double-spaced. There must be a title to each table.
· Number them in Arabic numerals (Table 1, 2, etc) in the order in which they are mentioned in the text.
· Each table should have a footnote which identifies the abbreviation used.
6. Figures and Figure Legends:
· The journal welcomes illustrations either as line drawings or glossy photographs.
· Photographs should be in black and white where a coloured photograph is submitted, the author(s) will be charged some money.
· Illustrations should be referred in text as e.g. Fig2. Each figure should bear a reference number correspondence to a similar one in the text.
Editorial Style: The journal follows the British conventions of spelling, punctuation and grammar.
Peer Review: We operate the peer review system. All submitted articles are first read by at least a member of the Editorial Board. Those potentially acceptable are then passed on to referees who are experts in the various fields concerned. We ask referees to comment on originality, reliability, relevance or usefulness. Those adjudged suitable are then accepted.
Copyright: On acceptance, the copyright of the paper will be vested in the Journal and Publisher.
Acknowledgment of Receipt: For every manuscript received by the Journal, an acknowledgment is dispatched immediately to the author(s).