UNIVERSITY OF IBADAN, IBADAN, NIGERIA
2016 GRADUATION AND 68TH FOUNDATION DAY CEREMONIES
11, 13, 14, 15, 16 AND 17 NOVEMBER, 2016
NOTICE TO GRADUANDS
We congratulate graduands on the successful completion of their courses in the University. Graduation is a very important aspect of your life. Therefore, please read this notice very carefully:
- Graduands are expected to collect academic outfits before the Ceremony, after presenting the receipt of payment of school fees containing the appropriate Graduation levy for Diploma/Certificate, First Degree and Higher Degree as well as a separate receipt of N1,000.00 (One Thousand Naira only) for the University of Ibadan Alumni Association (UIAA) Membership levy. The levy of N1,000.00 (One Thousand Naira only) must be paid to the Alumni Office.
All Graduands are expected to pay the levies as stipulated whether or not they attend the convocation ceremonies.
- Graduands are expected to pay a refundable deposit of N500.00 (Five Hundred Naira) only to their respective Faculty Officers for the academic outfits.
- Academic outfits Notices and Order of Proceedings (if available) will be issued on the presentation of appropriate receipts, at the Graduands’ respective Faculties. Please note that Academic Outfits will not be distributed at the convocation venue.
- Academic outfits should be returned not later than 48 hours after the Ceremony. Failure to do so will attract a Surcharge of N00 (Five Hundred Naira) only per day.
- Graduands who fail to return the academic outfit will have their certificates withheld until they fulfill the above requirement.
- Graduands are advised to be at the International Conference Centre at 7.00 a.m. on each day to ensure that they are properly robed. The Faculty Officers would be seated with graduands of their Faculty to ensure orderliness during the ceremony.
The tassels (cord) of the caps should be worn to the right for First Degree Graduands and they will be required to move the tassels from the right to the left, at a point in time during the Ceremony, when the Vice-Chancellor declares: “I admit you all”. This signifies their admission into the body of Graduates of the University of Ibadan.
Higher Degree recipients should wear their tassels to the left since they are already First Degree Holders.
- Female Graduands are expected to courtesy when they shake hands with the Vice-Chancellor, while male Graduands will bow, but should not remove their caps.
- Graduands are to enter International Conference Centre through the back gate. They shall move in a Procession at 8.15 a.m. into the Hall on each day.
- Graduands in each Faculty are expected to be seated in the section provided for them in the Hall. The Order of Proceedings will be given out to Graduands by their respective Faculty Officers and the Deputy Registrar (The Postgraduate School) as the case may be (If not already given at the respective Faculty Offices/The Postgraduate School).
- Graduation ceremony is a solemn occasion. Graduands and their visitors are, therefore, expected to maintain a solemn atmosphere throughout the programme.
- Graduands and visitors are expected to stand when the Academic Procession enters/leaves the Hall and when the National Anthem/University Anthem are being sung or played. Graduands are requested to please be orderly and wait till the end of the Ceremony.
- For acceptable format of dressing for the ceremony, please visit the University of Ibadan website (ui.edu.ng).
- Graduands should note that convocation ceremony is a solemn one. Therefore, movement in and out of the hall during the ceremony will not be allowed.
Olujimi I. Olukoya, MNIM, FPA