THE 12TH WARIMA INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE AND WORKSHOPS ANNOUNCEMENT AND CALL FOR ABSTRACTS
The West African Research and Innovation Management Association (WARIMA) in collaboration with the University of Ibadan, Ibadan is pleased to announce the 12th WARIMA International Conference and Workshops at the University of Ibadan, Ibadan from 25-30 November, 2018.
Theme: Strengthening Research, Innovation Incubation and Knowledge Product Delivery for National and Regional Development
- Building and strengthening human capacity in research uptake and utilization for national and regional development.
- Human capacity development for innovative research and knowledge product delivery.
- Scientific and technological research innovations for national and regional development.
- Strengthening cooperation and networking among West African Researchers.
- Trans-boundary research funding and innovation incubation: Experiences and lessons from and for West Africa
- Science and technology for regional integration and sustainable development
- Humanities research, innovation incubation and knowledge delivery for regional integration and sustainable development
- Collaborative research in practice: Experiences, challenges and opportunities
WARIMA 2018 is targeted at all who are involved in research management in various institutions as well as faculty members interested in undertaking cutting edge research including (but not limited to):
· Vice-Chancellors, Deputy Vice-Chancellors, Directors of Research Institutes
· Provosts/ Deans of Faculties/Colleges
· Senior academics and researchers from Universities and Research Institutes
· Research Administrators; Policy Makers in Government, Parastatals and Non-Governmental Organizations
· International organisations and agencies in collaboration with Universities in Africa
· Other categories of individuals (including early-career researchers) desirous of acquiring skills in research management.
The Conference will be preceded by three 2-day Pre-conference Workshops on the following topics:
- Building and strengthening capacity in research uptake and utilization for national and regional development
- Transforming research management in Africa and defining core competencies for research managers in Africa
- Benchmarking performance indicators for reflective assessment of West African research universities
Call for Abstracts/Papers
Abstracts are invited from interested participants on any topic within the context of the conference theme or sub-themes. Abstracts should be submitted by 1700 hrs GMT Friday 9 November, 2018. Papers will be peer reviewed; only abstracts of accepted papers will be published in the conference proceedings.
Abstracts must not exceed 300 Words and must follow the following format:
1. Word processing should be with MS Word, Font size 12 pts Times New Roman, 2.5cm margins all round, justified margins and double spaced.
2. The abstract should be submitted by email as an attachment to [email protected], with a copy to Mrs Teju Ajao @ [email protected]. This is mandatory as only abstracts received by email will be processed.
3. All contact details (including cell phone, email, mailing address) should be provided to ensure that presenters can easily be reached.
Please take note that once your paper is accepted, the conference registration fee must be paid to facilitate the inclusion of your paper in the conference proceedings.
How to Apply
Interested participants are required to download the registration form from WARIMA website www.warima.org or visit WARIMA Secretariat, complete and return same by email as an attached document, not later than Friday 16th November, 2018. Registration fees: USD $300 (N108,000.00) per participant.
For the Workshops: Free (registration for the conference would be the ticket for admission into the workshops
Please email your completed registration forms to: [email protected]
A copy of the registration form should be submitted to:
Mrs. Teju Ajao, WARIMA Administrator
1st Floor, University Advancement Centre
University of Ibadan, Ibadan, Nigeria
For further information on the conference contact:
Mrs Teju Ajao @ [email protected]
Phone: +234 .184.108.40.206.49
Olubunmi O. Faluyi, MCIPM, MAUA