The Lodgings Unit of the Student Affairs Division is responsible for allocation of students to the Halls of Residence. The Unit ensures that the University Policy of total accommodation for fresh students is maintained while accommodation of the returning students is not neglected either. Also, the routine general secretariat administration of all the Halls of Residence is being co-ordinated by the Unit. In addition, it entertains students’ complaints on accommodation as well as off-campus accommodation matters. Provision of temporary accommodation to visiting students is another responsibility under the purview of the Lodgings Officer. Besides, the Unit oversees the catering services as rendered by independent catering contractors in the Halls of Residence.
Contact: You can call +234-70-44650624 or +234-80-55067508 8.00am – 2.00pm on Mondays-Fridays on all matters related to students’ accommodation and related clarifications.
Below is the carrying capacity status of the halls of residence.
|S/N||HALL||CARRYING CAPACITY||NUMBER OF BED SPACES|
UNIVERSITY STUDENT LODGING BUREAU (USLB)
Brief History of USLB:
The USLB was established in 2006 to oversee the operation and management of the Campus Accommodation facilities. It also manages the operation of a database and information system on affordable student accommodation facilities off-campus. The Bureau was not active until 2009 when the pioneer Manager was employed.
THE FUNCTIONS OF THE BUREAU:
- Renovate, maintain and clean the existing facilities to suit the needs and wants of students and the University.
- Secure the existing facilities against theft, fire and other possible disasters.
- Management of student Hall Database
- Manage occupants relationships and ensure observance of the prescribe rules and regulations.
- Provide relevant information pertaining to matters on accommodation generally and off campus accommodation in particular.
- Consider the views of Students and University Management in improving the services of the Bureau.
- Address the accommodation needs of the Students in a fair, transparent, cost effective manner.
- Search for suitable off-campus hostels and assist students to get affordable and conductive accommodation.
- Provide other services that will make Halls of Residence and hostels environmental friendly.
- Organise the allocation of Students to the Hall of Residence.
- Advice the University on the ways to improve the Students Accommodation Services.
Members of the USLB Board:
The USLB is managed by semi-autonomous services unit fully owned by the University of Ibadan. The Management of USLB is answerable to a Board which has the following members:
1. Professor A.E. Falaye Chairman Dean of Student Affairs
2. Professor M.O. Abatan Member Council Representative
3. Dr. A. A. Adenipeku Member Senate Representative
4. Mr. O.B. Akinwumi Member Bursar’s Representative
5. Mr. J.K. Akomolafe Member Director of Work/Maintenance Representative
6. Mr. T.I. Musa Secretary Deputy Registrar, Students
7. Mr A.O. Adeyemo Member Manager, USLB
8. Dr. Keye Abiona Member Hall Warden Representative
9. Dr. Olabisi Ugbebor Member Chairman Anti-cultism Campaign Representative
10. Mrs. E, M. Ogunmoye Member Accountant, USLB
11. Mr. C.O.E. Ojo Member Estate Unit Representative
12. Mr. Salako Tokunbo Member President, Students’ Union
Halls of Residence
The University of Ibadan has twelve (12) Halls of Residence consisting of three post graduate Halls and Nine Undergraduate Halls. The Twelve Halls have a total bed space of Nine thousand, Eight hundred and fifty nine (9859) students.
THE UNDERGRATUATE HALLS:
1. Mellanby Hall is located at the North of the University Court. It is the first residential hall in the University. The Hall was named after the first Principal of the University College, Ibadan.(1974-1953). It was formally opened on the 17th of November, 1952. The hall has a capacity of Five Hundred and fifty (550) bed space.
Hall Master: Hall Warden: Dr. A.O. Fadoju
Department: Human Kinetic & Health Education
Area Of Specialization: Psychology of Sports. E’mail: email@example.com Telephone: 08033933695
2. Tedder Hall: This hall is located at the West of the University Court and adjacent to Mellanby. The Hall was named after Lord Tedder,Mashall of the Royal Air Force and Chancellor of Cambridge University (1950-1967). It was formally opened on the 17th of November, 1952. The Hall has a capacity of Five Hundred and Forty (540) bed space.
Hall Master: Professor E.A. Oke Hall Warden: Dr. R.O. Awodoyin
Department: Crop Production and Environmental Biology
Area of Specialization: Plant/Weed Ecology E’mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Telephone: +234 8061347554
3. Kuti Hall: This Hall is located at the Eastern end of Niger Road of the University. The Hall was named after the Late Rev. Israel Oladotun Ransome-Kuti . It was formally opened in 1954. The Hall has a capacity of Five Hundred and fifty Four (554) bed space for Students.
Hall Master: Professor F. Egwaikhide Hall Warden: Dr. D.D. Ajayi
Area of Specialization: Regional Development and Environmental Studies E’mail: email@example.com Telephone: +234 8056137219, +234 7056796211
4. Sultan Bello Hall: This Hall is located at the West of Kuti Hall along Niger Road of the University. It was formally opened in 1962 by the Late Sir Alhaji Ahmadu Bello (1908-1966) and was named after his grandfather. The Hall has a capacity of Four Hundred and Sixty Eight (468) bed space for Students.
Hall Master: Professor E.O.Faturoti Hall Warden: Dr. A.A. Ogunjobi
Area of Specialization: Environmental Microbiology and Biotechnology E’mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Telephone: +234 8055355565, 07061330576
5. Queen Elizabeth II Hall: This Hall is located along Oduduwa Road of the University. It is a female undergraduate hall and was named after Her Majesty, Queen Elizabeth II of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. It was formally opened in February 1956 by the Queen. The Hall has a capacity of One Thousand Two Hundred and Seventy Five (1275) bed space for Students.
Hall Mistress: Professor Oluremi E. Ayodele-Bamisaiye Hall Warden: Dr. Omobola Adelore
Department: Adult Education
Area of Specialization: E’mail: email@example.com Telephone: +234 7068497959
6. Alexander Brown Hall: This Hall is located at College of Medicine, University college Hospital. Alexander Hall is a mixed Hall for Clinical Students. It was formally opened in 1957 and was named after Late Professor Alexander Brown, the Professor of Medicine of University in 1971. The Hall has a capacity of Six Hundred and Fifty Seven (657) bed space for Students.
Hall Master: Professor F.A.A. Adeniyi Hall Warden: Dr. Atinuke M. Agunloye
Area of Specialization: Vascular & Muscaio-skeletal radiology E’mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Telephone: +234 8033259896
7. Indpendence Hall: This Hall is located at the end of El-Kaneml Road of the University. It was formally opened in 1961 in commemoration of Nigeria’s attainment of independence on October 1st. The Hall has a capacity of Nine Hundred and Forty (940) bed space for students.
Hall Master: Professor O.A. Ugwumba Hall Warden: Dr. I.F. Odesola
Department: Mechanical Engineering
Area of Specialization: Thermo fluids E’mail: email@example.com Telephone: +234 7032743197
8. Nnamdi Azikwe Hall: The Hall is named after the first Governor-General of Independent Nigeria; first President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. The hall has a capacity of Nine Hundred and Eighty (980) bed space for Students.
Hall Master: Professor G.O.Alegbeleye Hall Warden: Dr. O. I. Ajewole
Department: Forest Resource Management
Area of Specialization: Forest Economics and Urban Forestry Development
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com Telephone: +234 8034032684
9. Idia Hall: This Hall is located along Barth Road and adjacent to the International School of the University. It is the second female hall. It was built in 1975 and was named after a Bini Queen who lived in the15th Century. The Hall has a capacity of One Thousand Two Hundred and Seventy-Five (1275) bed space for Students.
Hall Mistress: Professor Kassey P Garba Hall Warden: Dr. Olufunke Ola-Davies
Department: Vet Physiology, Pharmacology & Biochemistry
Area of Specialization: Molecular Biology and Cancer Research E’mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Telephone: +234 8023255593
10. Obafemi Awolowo Hall: This Hall is located at off Barth Road of the University. It is a post graduate and undergraduate hall of residence. It was opened in 1968 and named after the first Prime Minister of Nigeria. The Hall has a capacity of One Thousand Hundred (1500) bed space for students.
Hall Master: Professor J.S.A. Osho Hall Warden: Dr. E.K. Ajani
Department: Wildlife & Fisheries Management
Area of Specialization: Plant/Weed Ecology E’mail: email@example.com Telephone: +234
THE POSTGRATUATE HALLS:
11. Tafawa Balawa Hall: This Hall is located along El-Kaneml Road and directly behind Sultan Bello Hall of the University. It was formally opened in 1961 in commemoration of Nigeria’s attainment of independence on October 1st. The Hall has a capacity of Two Hundred and Seven (207) bed space for students.
Hall Master: Professor E.J.A.Ekpo Hall Warden: Dr. A.T. Bolarinwa
Area of Specialization: Economic Geology E’mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Telephone: +234 8037009714
12. Abdulsalami Abubakar Hall: This Hall is located along Barth Road and opposite Idia Hall of the University. The Hall has a capacity of Six Hundred and Eighty -Four(684) bed space for students.
Hall Master: Professor A. D. Ologhobo Hall Warden: Dr. K. Abiona
Department: Adult Education
Area of Specialization: Community Development E’mail: email@example.com Telephone: +234 8023400362