UNIVERSITY OF IBADAN
STUDENTS’ RECORDS UNIT (UNDERGRADUATE)
S.O. Ewegbenro, B.A., M.Ed. (Ibadan), CIPM, AMPMA (U.K.)
Senior Assistant Registrar (SAR)
Records Officer (Undergraduate)
From the Desk of the Undergraduate Students’ Records Officer
This is to welcome you to the desk of the Undergraduate Students’Records Unit of the University of Ibadan. The Unit is directly under the Examination, Records and Administarative Data Processing Division of the University’s Registry.
The Undergraduate Records Unit is generally saddled with the management of Undergraduate Students Records. The management includes storage, retrieval, processing and issuance of the academic records for personal and official uses upon requests.
Specifically, the Unit is responsible for the following:
1. Issuance of academic records of students/alumni whenever requested for official or personal uses;
2. Duplication of students records upon request; and,
3. Verification of records of students and graduates of the University upon request from corporate bodies
Standard Operating Procedure for requesting and issuing Undergraduate Transcripts
The University is making all necessary efforts to digitise and automate the transcript process and issuance to the University teaming undergraduate students and alumni members. This, no doubt, will ease the process and promptness of delivery.
In pursuance of the Universty’s Management resolve to provide a seamless transcript processing and collection, the University has launched Transcript Processing Portal which accepts transcript applications. Therefore, transcript can now be applied for and obtained via ‘students Transcript’on the Home Page of ui.edu.ng. This portal has made it unneccessary for prospective applicants to appear in person or by proxy to have their applications applied for or issued.
In view of this development, prospective applicants are to note the Unit’s service charges as follows:
1. Transcript Applications to Foreign Addresses: N7,000
2. Transcript Applications to Local Addresses (I.e. Nigeria) : N5,000
3. Student’s Copy (To be watermarked as ‘Student’s Copy’): N5,000
4. Verification of academic record : N5,000
Note: All fees are payable through the Transcript Processing Portal
The portal is friendly and self-directing, users are to follow its prompting and are advised to fill all required information. It is important to submit the application after making necessary payment via the portal. The status of all applications can be tracked on the same portal.
Applicants are to note that the transcripts could be collected by Self, proxy, email or courier service.
Prospective applicants are to note the following:
1. Issuance and collection of official academic transcripts are made possible in person by applicants or by proxy through a letter of authority from the applicants;
2. If applicants wish to send their requests by courier (as may be required by some institutions/organizations), you may call any of the under listed courier firms on ground in the University:
(1) +2349096476892 (DHL)
(2) +2347033788050 (UPS)
(3) +2348109073349 (Courier Plus)
(4) +2347038411024 (EMS/Speed)
3. Any personal address supplied for processing transcript will be treated as Student’s Copy and as such watermarked.
4. ONLY transcript request with institutional or organizational destination address will be treated as official and will not be watermarked.
Special Notice to Graduates of UI Affiliates
It should be mentioned that graduates of the University from the Affiliated Institutions are required to request the affiliate institutions to forward their academic record to the Records Unit of the University and they are expected to ensure that the transcript has been received before applying for their transcripts on this platform. Such applicants should submit two passport-size photographs and Date of Birth certificate to the affilliated institution forwarded alogside the academic record to the University.
It is equally important to inform graduates of the University from the University of Ibadan Distance Learning Centre (UIDLC) to approach the Centre to apply for their academic records. They are NOT to apply via this portal.
Direct further enquiries to:
Help Line: 080 2084 1489
Records Officer: 080 6708 4103
Records Officer (Undergraduate)