Suleman Olawale OYEWUMI,
The Examination Officer
S.O. Oyewumi graduated with a B.Ed (Hons) in English/Islamic Studies (1992) and a Master in Managerial Psychology (2005) from the University of Ibadan. He works at the University of Ibadan and he is currently a Principal Assistant Registrar and the University Examinations Officer.
He was a recipient of the MacArthur Foundation Fellowship award to the University of Pennsylvania, United States of America (2003). He has attended and delivered papers in several capacity building seminars/workshops within Nigeria. He is an Associate Member of the Nigerian Institute of Management (NIM) and a Member of the Association of Professional Administrators of Nigerian Universities (ANUPA), University of Ibadan chapter.
The Examinations Unit performs the following functions:
- Processing of final and non-final year results for Senate approval;
- Processing of final and non-final year results for Vice-Chancellor’s executive approval;
- Issuance of notification of results to graduands of the University;
- Issuance of certificates to graduands of the University;
- Custodian of rules and regulations concerning the conduct of examinations in the University;
- Provision of academic gowns for matriculation and graduation ceremonies;
- Processing of lists of students for NYSC mobilization;
- Monitoring and supervision of the University Central Store;
- Issuance of examination scripts to the Faculties for the conduct of the University examinations;
- Receipt and acknowledgement of official correspondences for and on behalf of the Registrar;
- Confirmation and verification of results/certificates for organizations and institutions locally and internationally;
- Processing the letter of appointment, claim forms and booking of accommodation of external examiners;
- Processing of examinations misconducts cases (SDC);
- Serving the Senate Curriculum Committee;
- Coordinating the UTME examination for Ibadan Zone.